Re: [BaadAssGremlins] INDY versus Edelbrock versus stock heads....HELP!!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] INDY versus Edelbrock versus stock heads....HELP!!

 If money was not in the deciding factor, The Indy SR heads would be my choice. More potential then the Eddies. Bill has them on his 401 in the spirit. Ported flowing better then the indy guys claim they get. But you should be able to get them and just put them on stock and get all the performance you want for your street car. I am running 540 lift in my street gremlin and I like it. I am running heavily modified stock amc Iron heads though. As for what cam to use call up Isky and talk to one of there techs. tell him exactally what your looking for in performance and he will ask you what you have for compression, head flow, converter stall, rear gear ratio and how tall your rear tire is. Then he will suggest a cam. Mine had to be custom made and it was only 140.00 shiped.
  As for carb, I have no experience with Eddies carbs. I use holley. never had any trouble with holley. Easy to work on and easy to tune. 750 should be fine for your application.
 good luck and let us know what you decide to go with and how it works out.
 Davis
 Amc Team

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK. I'm getting a little $$$ coming my way. YEEEHAAA!! Now i'm going
to be able to build my 401 for my Gremmie!! So..the question.
is .....Which heads will be the best for my 401 going into my 72
Gremlin? I've looked a little into the Indy SR 401 kit. What all can
anyone suggest? ANY good/bad results? Are the Edelbrocks any good?
Indy appears to have larger ports/valves...etc. What about cost versus
power compared to completly re building/porting/new valves/guides..etc
a stock set of 2993 castings? I'm building my 401 with Speed Pro
L2380F .040 pistons.Camshaft....well....not exactly sure as of yet. I
have a Crane Commander 540---something intake...563 exhaust,another
smaller cam (around 520 lift)also ...any suggestions? It's going to
be an AUTO trans car.Most likely a 2500 TCI convertor. Rear Gear will
be either a 3.55 or a 3.91.I have an new Edelbrock air-gap
intake,Hooker Super Comp headers. Would a 750 Edelbrock carb be good?
I REALLY don't espically want a Holley for a driver/weekend racer.
Thats from long ago Holley issues!! Suggestions/advice....???
Thankyou!!!!!! Joe

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'