[BaadAssGremlins] Paint question

Hi all,
Just a question---I can't gather the funds to paint the body on my
Spirit right now. I am putting the car in my garage finally so I can
get some of the mechanical stuff done first. But, I see some paint
bubbling in a few places. Short of sanding the areas and priming them
to keep it from rusting out or spreading, is there any temporary fix I
can do before I get the funds to take the parts off and painting them
properly? If I have a little bubbling, is it smart to break through the
bubbling and sand it down/prime it? I'm just trying to think of the
best way to keep the metal and paint before I get to it.

I am the ultimate body shop amateur, so bear with me. Judging by what
Simms and the rest of you guys have done with your cars, I really
respect your opinions.

Ralph
'79 AMC Spirit 401 AT

'Thanks & Giving.'