Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC THEFT in Jersey

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC THEFT in Jersey

You know it could be a story like a truck driver who used to work us told.. After he told it I told the other guy that heard if I was that damn dumb I wouldn't tell it. The guy isn't too smart. Anyway the guy is into old cars I have seen him at car shows before I think he has some kind of Chevy now. He was telling me that a few years back he bought a rough SS Chevell off a guy for $500. He told me what all he did to this car from a new engine to new paint and interior in it. I don't remember exactly but had 6 or 7 thousand tied up in this thing. He was sitting at his table eating supper when a tow truck came up and hooked up to it. A repo man got it. It seems he had did all this work on this car and had never transferred it into his name. He said he had worked on it on it over a year it had historic plates on it so they didn't need to be renewed so he just forgot to change it over.He went to the loan company the next morning he was going to pay off the $600 that was owed on the car. They wouldn't talk to him. He said he found out a guy in the loan company knew all about it and he made a deal with the original owner and paid off the loan and gave him another $1000 for the car. The guy took them to court and the judge laugh at him. More or less told him if he was too stupid to check the tittle out before he spent the money he got what he deserved. Like I said I wouldn't have told the story but this guy swore it was true.  Like it was said it is not hard to find out all the information on you in the world. You just can't worry about everything are you would never leave the house.
Terry