Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:37 PM
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: tow dolly

Eddie,

Umm....no.

The air deflector on a Gremlin has ZERO to do with handling, and if
it DOES affect handling at all, it makes it WORSE. A spoiler is
angled the opposite way (top edge is further back) to cause air to
deflect UP, pushing the rear DOWN. The Gremlin air deflector is
angled FORWARD at the top, forcing air down, causing the rear to
LIFT...which would make it MORE squirrely. The intent of the deflector
is to send air sweeping down the back window, reducing the road filth
build-up on the glass which is always terrible on wagons, van and
kammbacks...due to lack of trailing bodywork for the air to stay up
above and flow over.

Anyone that thinks their Gremmie handles better cuz of the air deflector
probably tows it backwards on a tow dolly (BTW- thanks for correcting
the subject line spelling!). :)

John