Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Alt bracket

Doc, Thanks for the info. Only the Gremlin I am putting the V8 in will have PS as they don't need, it for me. And my 74 just would always hit the alt. housing on the steering box so I mved it and am real happy plus the headers are clear and more room for my fatso self to work.

AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
No rush on the parts Hal. Does your Gremlin have power steering. It
might be hard to mount the Alt. on the pass side. 6 cyl cars do have a
clearance problem with a Deco on the steering box but it is doable, and
easier on a car without P/S. I worked all this out last fall when I did
this on my orange Hornet with P/S. Swapping the smaller diameter
Motorola fan for the Delco and modifying the upper alt bracket for fan
clearance and it bolts right in. Of course you have to shim the Delco
for proper pulley alignment and drill out the Motorola fan to the Delco
shaft size but other than that it is a piece of cake once you know what
you are doing. You also need a 3/4" shorter alt. belt. Dayco no# 15360.
And it has to be a Dayco. The first time I did it it was a nightmare but
now that I know what I have to do it should be a piece of cake next
time.
"Doc"

.