[BaadAssGremlins] SOS, One Step Forward And 2 Back

[BaadAssGremlins] SOS, One Step Forward And 2 Back

After spending almost 2 hours mocking up and triple measuring I finally
crossed my fingers and cut the 3 holes for the Auto Meter gauges. Due to
the size of the gauges and face plate there was no room for error as the
3 gauges are mounted with 2 on the top and 1 under them in the middle.
You only have 1/8 inch clearance between the chrome bezels on all the
gauges. The extra effort I made on the measurement before cutting the
holes paid off as everything fit just fine. I may even have room to
mount my battery cut off toggle switch, but anyhow it looks awesome. Now
to start the sanding and painting process. I wet sanded it with
220#-400#-500# sandpaper. Primed it with Plasti-Cote rattle can primer,
baked it for 2 hours and wet sanded it again. Now it was ready for
paint. one cote of flat black enamel with 2 coats of gloss to go over
that for the finish. After I spray the coat of flat black I see a hair
in the paint. I had tacked it off before I started to paint it. I must
have come out of my !@#$%!#$!@ beard. Needless to say I am not happy. I
remove the hair spotted in some more flat black and put in the
dehydrator over night. Today I will wet sand it again and paint the
gloss black. I still have to mount the pod to the package tray, remove
it so I can paint it with SEM and give it all a final assembly. It sure
is going to look nice when finished.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.