Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Holding My Breath

I am not trying to put the hex on you Lu. But 5-6 years ago when I found
my booster starting to go bad (it would whistle when you stepped on the
brake) I tried to get an re-man exchange. I didn't want to lay up the
car while mine was re-maned, never mind the fact if it was lost I was
dead. No one in the whole country had an exchange except for NAPA. The
car was still drivable. After giving NAPA a deposit and waiting a week
to 10 days they told me they really didn't have one at all and it was a
computer mistake. I turned to Jeff at Kennedy American and told him my
problem. He didn't have any but had found things in the past for me. He
said give  him a few days. 5 days later he calls me and say's he has a
factory NOS manual to power drum kit for 200$, so I popped for it.
I wonder why it is so hard to get an exchange booster? you would think
the Concords, Spirits, Eagles and SX-4's would have the same booster. I
think in the mid 70's disc brakes were now standard with power being the
option, but who would not pop for the power option?
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
I believe that I have FINALLY found a power disc brake booster/master
cylinder for the Gremlin. After weeks of frustration, I decided to
call every parts place on the internet hoping to find someone with
this item on their shelf. And I found one. Ordered it so fast my
credit card melted. The guy said they had one in stock, shipping was
free, so I grabbed it. Now I pray his computer stock figure was
accurate and I receive this part. As I stated previously, Cardone is
only offering R&R (repair & reman.) service on this booster now as
they have run out of cores. Most of the large car parts chains (and
everyone else) seems to use Cardone as a source for this part. If you
ever run across one of these bad boys, better hold on to it as it is
truly a hassle finding a replacement. Holding my breath in Alabama.
~Lu~

--- End Message ---