RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.

I agree John the "car" itself would be worth $2500. Part of the problem I think is the fact you would have to find some one with $2500 cash in their pocket to lay out for the car. I might be wrong but I don't think you would find any financial place that would lend you $2500 for a 81 anything. They will lend you $2500 for 90's something or they go to buy here pay here lots. If people have that much cash they use it for a down payment on a much more expensive car. Therefore your stuck trying to find someone who actually wants an AMC car and has the money. Around here they are hard to find. They would rather have a Ford or Chevy. As for as car shows around here you don't see any plain 70's or 80's cars at the shows. They are either older or some "special car". I think a lot of our cars would be worth a lot more as "cars" but you have to sell them to AMC people and their are not that many around. Take my Gremlin I wouldn't take a penny less than $5000 for it. I think if it was a 92 Toyoto Celica in the shape it is in it would be worth $2500. Being realistic I doubt if I could find anyone who would give me a $1000 for it.
Terry

Give the gift of life to a sick child.