Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 401 Carb

In a message dated 2/28/05 10:07:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, rebade1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Bart, I have a Offy 360 intake on it now. Simms, I was talking about
the Holley 650 DP simply because Davis suggested it. I know it would
drink a little but right now I'm exploring my options. What carb
would you suggest? Just curious. I really appreciate the pics on the
body repairs, because I have to do some rocker repair on the Spirit
along with the upper part of the front fenders and hood.

I am also looking for ideas on what other upgrades or mods might be
good for it. I'm on a limited budget until I pick up a job again, so
I don't want to irritate my wife by going hog wild on it. I do need
to get it running and drivable so that I can enjoy driving it. I miss
the feel of driving a Spirit. I hate all these new lookalike cars
that don't have a pedal worth a darn in them. I've got a 2000 Lumina
that I'd drive off a cliff if the wife would let me.

Anyway, I want to replace the carb and other things on the engine to
the point where when I have the cash, I won't be replacing them
again. I noticed Summit has a couple of different options for the
distributor and cam/lifters/rockers(roller). I willing to just pump
you guys for all the recommendations you can give me. And I don't
mind helping a bit when I can.  ;-))

Anyway, just nickname me rambling Ralph... But I'd rather have some
Spirit under me moving down the road LOL
Ralph,what Jon suggested was right on the money,build up your engine as time and money allowtho i would but a 750 on a stock motor or a double pumper either.aks questions and do your homework as a mismatched motor will turn your ride into a slug if your not careful.
Bart

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here