[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 401 Carb

Hey Ramblin Ralph...

I knew what carb you were talkin about...just thought it was an odd
choice for a 401...seeing as how a DP is good for manual cars or
performance cars...but the 650 would be good on a stock 401...thats
why I thought it was odd...

carb choice...well...you sound like you only wanna buy things
once...a 750 vac would be great on it for a mild build and plenty of
street duty...and still get ya down the track...and if yer gonna
build a stout motor and street duty maybe an 800...but if you wanna
go racing look into the DPs...;)

rockers...I only see one way to go there...Harland Sharp...great
rocker...and a heck of a tech line...you run into a prob w/ them they
help you out right then and there...

headers...people really put down the hedmans...which leads me to
believe I have the best set of hedmans on an AMC since people don't
wanna seem to save money and do it themselves...weld a bead around
the outter flange and then give the header a gasket match port
job...and weld up anywhere you burn thru...then weld a bead around
the flange area that seals to the gasket...take the headers to a shop
w/ a 2' belt sander and have them sand the mating surface flat...now
you have headers that match the ports...plenty of area for the header
to seal w/...AND if they were warped or uneven like many also
complain about...the belt sanding will true it all up...I'd rather
spend $120 on parts...add some work...and pay someone to belt sand
for a total of 150-160$ rather than shell out 300+ for hookers...and
still have the urge to re-work them...LoL...

to really answer questions it'd help to know what all you want to
change and what exactly you want the car to do...for example...I
build my car as a race car on the street...so if it don't make my car
faster in a straight line or help launch...I don't mess w/ it...the
limits on it is that I must be able to use the trans on the
street...and the motor must be able to be cruized...5mpg or not...the
motor/trans cooling also revolves around that...same w/ the
tires...I'll run the lightest rims I can get and not worry about
hittin a hole...and the skinniest tires I can on the front...same w/
the rear...I run a drag radial or a DOT tire cause I can't run a
slick on the street...shocks and springs are the same...get the
idea?...

you tell us exactly what you want...and we can help ya out from
there...;)

Give the gift of life to a sick child.