[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Battery Tray

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Battery Tray

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bill Larkie <bldfw@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks for the replys folks.  Guess I wasn't quite
> clear.  The battery tray is gone.  Looks to have
> completely rusted away.  I was referring to the engine
> bay cubby or indentation where the batter AND tray
> would rest.  The tray has rusted away leaving the
> three bolts with holes forming around them.  Bolts are
> way to rusted to even consider getting them out.
>
> Apparently depending on year, the battery could be on
> the left or the right side with the radiator overflow
> and windshield water bottles on the other.
>
> Was looking for some insight into how best to replace
> or repair the insert for the battery.
>
> Bill
> Dallas, TX
> 72 Gremlin
> 72 Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
> 71 Mark III
> 70 Cadillac Conv

What did I not answer that?...I talked about the inner fender being
rotted out...even tossed up the pic...and gave ya a heads up on what
to do...

if you've only got flat area to replace...just use a piece of
steel...if you've got a flat area and one bend...use a piece of
steel...(heck if you're gonna run yer batt. up front it covers the
area so you could make most anything for there and no one would know
cause the batt. covers it) if yours is rotted like mine...get the
friggin panel...I explained how you'd need to prep the car and the
panel to get it in the car w/ ease...

if you just treat the rust...you're askin for trouble...rot is
cancer...its got to be cut out...yeah they treat some of it and get
away...but cars aren't people and its too easy to do it right the
first time...

and I'm not talkin about the tray...I'm talkin about where the tray
bolts too...

'Thanks & Giving.'