[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-09]

[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-09]

its been slow goin...doin up the wheel tubs has been a REAL PAIN...no
real good way to go at it...so I just did the best I could...I spent
about 4 days doin just the pass side...and I had to take a few days
off inbetween for my legs and back to recoop...really sucks workin IN
the wheel well...

but I finally got the pass side done...

I didn't bother takin pics of the rust that was in it...something I
don't wanna see again...so I just cut it all out and started snappin
shots from there...

This is the front edge of the pass side wheel well after the rust was
cut out and before I started patchin in the gap from the wheel tub to
the lip of the wheel well...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellfront1.jpg

this is what I was up against on the trailing end of the wheel
tub...I already got started w/ one patch in place...havin a good time
shapin metal w/ a ballpeen and using my brake drum that just happens
to be right there and handy on the car... ;D
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellrear1.jpg

started on the front w/ a few patches to get it to where I can just
start cuttin 3-4" strips to fill the gap in the top of the arch and
meet up w/ the rear portion of the tub...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellfront2.jpg

tryin to get the large gap in the rear filled in (took 3 pieces) so I
can focus on the strips to fill in the upper portion of the wheel
well arch...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellrear2.jpg

and I'll spare posting shots of the top of the arch...you can see how
I had to go about fillin in the gap...and its the same way from front
to rear...(not like you can really get in there and take a decent pic
anways) the whole deal is a really crappy job to do on a car thats
for sure...cuttin grindin shapin and weldin inside a wheel well...you
can just imagine...

so on to the finished product...

I think the whole thing turned out purdy good...I'm just glad its one
of those areas that isn't gonna be seen so I didn't bother tryin
to 'dress up' my welds or really take any concern to how they turned
out...just as long as they keep the water and other crap out...and
don't think about rusting anytime soon...

front edge...all filled in and under coated...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellfront3.jpg

and the rear...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/passwellrear3.jpg

I'd say its a rather nice turn around...not accomplishing anything
that can really be seen...but I'm excited that I'm not gonna be
hearing or seeing rocks fly into the car and past me...let alone
gettin hit w/ them...and maybe now I'll be able to see out of the car
after a burn out...not to mention keepin the exhaust fumes out and
I'm sure it'll help w/ the 'noise' a lil...

its a good feeling when the drop lite you have in the wheel well
doesn't create a 'back lite' for the 1/4 panel lookin inside the
car...:lol

also started on the drivers side today...got all the rot cut
out...and spot welds ground down...also welded up and ground on some
other stuff I had done before w/ the wheel well lip to re-enforce it
a bit more...got what I could get to inside the 1/4 wire wheeled,
primered, and under coated...left it to dry for the nite...then I'll
head out and start cleanin where I'll be welding and the start the
patch work all over again...

Give the gift of life to a sick child.