Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey Lu (Gremlin Gas Tank)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hey Lu (Gremlin Gas Tank)

The reason the later Hornet tanks (22) gallon are available is because
it is the same tank as the Concord and Eagle.
Luckily for me it fits the earlier cars, The only difference being it is
made deeper to increase the capacity by 5 gallons and you need longer
straps which are available. I will try to see if my friend can cross
reference the part no#'s and see if a Spirit Kammback or a regular
Spirit or SX-4 tank is the same as a Gremlin. Just because parts are not
listed in the computer any more doesn't mean anything as he still has
all the old paper books to check out. If it can be cross referenced and
it is available he is the man to find it. I'll call him today and post
the results when I find out.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
Thanks Davis. He is out of the hospital now and recovering at home.
Winter weather really aggravates his lung condition. I have been
shopping around for a few Gremlin parts and finding some nice items
on ebay. I hope Doc can track down a good lead on the fuel tank as
that item seems to be very evasive for the Gremlin. Hornet, Concord,
& Eagle tanks are bountiful however. ~Lu~

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Lu,
>  My prayers are with your Dad and your family.
>  Davis
>
> lumina333 <lumina333@xxxx> wrote:
>

> Sorry but I have not had time to hunt for a tank. My father fell
ill
> with his COPD and I have been busy helping my mother take care of
> him. Anyway, if you can check with your friend and let me know I
> would be grateful. Thanks, Lu
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > How did you make out finding a new gas tank? It has been a week
or
> so
> > since you asked about it and I forgot to ask the guy at the auto
> parts
> > store yesterday. Let me know and I will call him up if you need
> help.
> > "Doc"
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--- End Message ---