Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 11:19 AM
Subject: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 70 AMC V8

Just run your hand between the exhaust manifold and block on the passenger side.  whatever size it is, it should be stamped into the block in large lettering (2") right above the motor mount. You might get a little dirt/grease on your hand, but if you're in the junkyard, who cares??  Saves a trip home or checking out a VIN on the web.. ID it right on the spot.

mine was a "360".  Bryan Morrow showed me that trick.  The engine I bought years ago was supposed to be a 304, but Bryan came by, looked on the block, and said.... "Boy, You got a deal".  He was happy for me because the wrecker I bought the engine from was a prick.  So after I paid for it, we told the wrecker it was a 360, not 304.  The guy just stared and didn't really say much, but you could tell he was cheesed off. It was a good day.