Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin Fever

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin Fever

Davis I was kind of leaning towards using the orange myself to detail
the wheels. They have a decorative knock off type center with a 2"--3"
round center that must have had the name of the manufacture in it at one
time. I was going to see about having a friend who makes truck lettering
decals make me a black center with a Red/White/Blue AMC emblem in it for
them.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message --- DOc,
Go with the orange with black center caps.
Davis
--- AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is that a metallic blue Scott? I haven't seen any of
> that cob webbing or
> lace done in 20-25 years. I used to do that myself
> along with flames. I
> am thinking of detailing the turbine style wheels on
> the orange car this
> spring. I can't make up my mind as what color to
> paint the area between
> the spokes, that charcoal gay/black or the orange
> color the car is
> painted. I bought a quart of the orange for touch up
> so I might use
> that.
> "Doc"

> --------------------~-->
> Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude
> Children's Research Hospital's
> 'Thanks & Giving.'

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: "blue77gremlin" <blue77gremlin@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:48:46 -0000
> Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Cure For Cabin
> Fever

---------------------------------

-Well Doc I was thinking about leaving it the stock
blue color. I
wanted to put X stripes on it. I want the stripes
custom painted
though. I would like to do an old custom paint trick
on the stripes-
i believe they call it cob webbing. I might do the
lace treatment on
the stripes instead.
  Those old american 5 spokes are my favorite wheels.
I bought some
real nice 14x6 American coke bottles (daiseys or
sp200) last summer.
If I could find some 14x8 or 15x8 (a pair of) I would
put them on.
Those bright colored Hornets would look real good with
a set of 5
spokes ont it.
                         SCOTT

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> I know this may sound like a stupid question Scott
but what color
are
> you going to paint it? I am a fan of them Crager
style wheels. I
have
> Superiors on my yellow car. They are 28 years old
and need to be
> replaced. I was thinking of going to a Torque Thrust
5 spoke wheel
> for that old style retro look.
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---