Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[1-31]

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[1-31]

I applaud you efforts man to save a rusty one. In my case the previous
owner was an idiot and had no AMC background or any real AMC interest.
He bought it at a police auction and when he was tired of it after
running  it into the ground mechanically for 4 years as a daily driver
decided to just toss it off. It was just a conversation piece to him.
His wife made him get rid of it. Although it was not rusty, but if my
friend who puts on the Ardsley show did not give me a heads up on the
sale of the car and help me buy it on the spot it would have been
eventually crushed. One of the local tow truck company owners was going
to buy it and had plans on cutting it up to make a race car out of it
probably with a brand "X" engine. Sorry to you that who have a brand "X"
engine powered AMC's no insult meant. But this guy has a reputation of
cutting up cars and supposedly making a race cars out of them and never
finishing them. They then after being gutted and sitting for a few years
go to the crusher.   I could not let that happen to a clean survivor.
Any AMC in my area is rare. There is only a few around and me and my son
and Steve that puts the Ardsley show on are the only local people in the
area that have any AMC's. After driving Chebby's as beaters I decided 4
years ago I wanted an AMC as a daily driver. It took me all this time to
get this one. Like I say I applauded all who save a rusty one, but I was
blessed with finding an almost rust free one. Although I figure I will
have 7-8,000$ into it when I am finished with it. What could you get for
a decent daily driver for that? A !#$%^&* Hondo Ricer? sorry not me,
Rice is for eating not driving for me.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themixtoo@xxxx wrote:
> >ah-ha!...got the drivers side DONE! ?:D
> >

> >Simms, It's OK to do this really good, but figure out how to
camouflage it, like paint it to look like the holes are still there.
I remember NAD last year and you kicked a$$ on some really clean
cars. That was just tooo coool.         Gary 'The Mix'

LMAO!  yeah...that'd be funny...like how the paint the bricks in
spots on new buildings like the outside is fallin off...that'd just
be too funny!...

ya don't think that we should leave the cars we put on a trailer w/
more dignaty than last year?...LoL...

Doc - people talk about savin cars...then they go get a rust free
one...that I don't get...in your situation I understand...but if
someone wants to save a car...then need to snatch up one like mine
and keep it on the road...

Bart - I've been workin on cuttin back a fiberglass patch panel I
made on the car so I can get down to metal and do the wheel tub
right...then after I get the piece welded in I'll just re-glass
around it... ;D

--- End Message ---