----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Perez" <perezma@xxxxxxx>
To: <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:34 PM

Hello,
I am the proud owner of a 1971 Hornet. I absolutely love the car. my only
problem with it is the tiny 232 6  that it currently has. this problem will
soon be fixed by the 360 out of a '73 matador that I recently acquired, I
also got a new cross member so i can actually put the 360 in the car. I know
a bit about cars but wanted to ask an AMC expert some question before I get
too far along. the first question is a simple one, do you happen to know or
know where to find the propper spark plug gap and timing setting for the '73
360? second, the engine has no intake or carb since my car is already not
stock I am
considering the edelbrock performer series intake and 600 cfm carb, have you
had any experence with these carbs and do you have any recomendations. the
car is intended to be a daily driver but I do want a large ammount of power
and am not concerned with gas milage. thirdly my hornet has a 3 speed manual
transmission, the people i bought the engine from claimed that it would bolt
right up to my tranny and be fine. honestly i am a little frightened for my
little tranny. can it really handle all that power? someday i would like to
upgrade to a 4 speed, possibly hurst, but cost and availability are making
this something that will be done in the future.

thanks for your time and I would greatly appreciate you sharing any of your
wisdom and informing me if there is anything that i have missed.
thanks again
Mike Perez
perezma@xxxxxxx

'Thanks & Giving.'