Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Progress Progress on the Gem of a Grem

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Progress Progress on the Gem of a Grem

Hey Scott at least you are seeing progress. The only reason I lucked out
on the almost rust free orange Hornet for such a cheap price (500$) was
1. the guy in 4 years let the car go to hell mechanically and 2. his
wife didn't like riding around in an old car. And 3. the clincher was
the  whole exhaust fell out of it so she didn't want to let him spend
any money on fixing it up. His loss my good luck. But then again I
figured on spending 1,500$ for repairs. I am up around 4,500$ now with
the tranny still to be replaced and the rear wheel bearings to be
replaced and the gas gauge made to work to finally finish the mechanics.
So rust free is not always cheap but it is still easier to do mechanical
repairs than rust repairs.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message ---
Well today I got to stop at the shop and look at my Gremlin. The
panel under the bumper (lower panel) is all welded in and getting
ready for primer. I told them I should have stopped and took
pictures before all the patching started. It is a slow process,
getting time to work on this car, but it is looking better all the
time. Between school and 50 to 60 hour work weeks, i can not seem to
find much time.
Doc is right about starting with a good rust free body if you can
find one. When this one is done I hope to find a nice one all done
the next time. I figure instead of buying a new Scion XB maybe I
will buy a Hornet SC.
                                SCOTT

--- End Message ---