Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Question from a fellow Gremlin owner

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Question from a fellow Gremlin owner

If my memory serves me right, thru 1971 the AMC sixes and V-8s used
different bell housings. 1972 on everything used the V-8 bell housings,
including the 4-cylinders. So to bolt up the tranny (or at least the bell
housing) would have to be 1972 up. (If my memory serves me wrong.... will
somebody please correct this misinfomation.)
Onree

My 1970 (that I bought new) Gremlin with the 199 and column mounted 3-speed
was the loosest, clumsiest, most balky stick shift that I ever had. I now
have a 1972 with a 258 and 3-speed floor shift that is still tight and easy
shifting with over 100K on it. Only trouble is that since it is a 3-speed it
puts REVERSE where first gear is on all of my other stickshift cars, and if
I don't pay attention I'm gonna back right into somebody someday.

on 1/25/05 9:47 PM, lumina333 at lumina333@xxxxxxxxx did write:

> Thanks Dave - I will pass on the helpful information. -Lu-
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave & Avie Shaver"
> <dshaver@xxxx> wrote:
>> Lu,
>> I had an 81 Concord with the AMC 151 in it and a 904 behind
> it.  Too bad the wife didn't like her.  Traded for an 87 GMC Safari
> (what a waste).
>>
>> Dave Shaver

'Thanks & Giving.'