[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMO Internationals - Show Cars?

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMO Internationals - Show Cars?

That's good advice. I have been debating whether to take my Gremlin
or not - that is, IF it is even together & running by July. It
probably will be a rolling chassis by next week or so (probably
already would be except we decided to change the front brakes from
drums to discs). It will probably be road worthy by June, but the
body and interior is doubtful to be completed. Right now, my goal is
to get it together, running, and road worthy enough to make it the
120 or so miles to Atlanta under its own power. Tomorrow morning I
will be going to the local junkyard that has several AMCs and will
pull the front discs off either a Javelin, Matador, or Concord. The
blue Gremlin doors are in the process of getting patched at the body
& frame school. They should be done by next week.

Should I even enter a partially complete car in the show or just go
in it as an observer?
-Lu-

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> I would love to go to Atlanta for the nationals but I don't think
I will make
> it. I do have one piece of advice I will give everyone. Take your
cars with
> you no matter what shape they are in even if you have to tow them
there. I went
> to St. Louis in 99 I think and the whole time I was there I was
saying I
> should have brought my Gremlin. If there were 10 Gremlins there I
would have been
> surprised. The biggest reason I didn't take mine I thought all the
cars would
> be dealer show room quality. While there are a lot a cars like
that most I
> thought were everyday drivers. There were quite a few that you
wondered how they
> made it into the park. They all got respect though. I think the
thing that got
> me the most was the fact that Gremmie was sitting in my driveway
250 miles
> away looking as good as most as the car there and he would have
been the only 78
> Gremlin there. Here I was with a rent-a-car in the parking lot. If
you get a
> chance to go do it but you will be a lot happier if you have your
car with
> you.
> Terry

Give the gift of life to a sick child.