Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: A minor complaint

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: A minor complaint

My brother who lives in Phoenix said the asphalt parking lot the
Nationals were held at  last summer that he attended was like an inferno
in the afternoon in the sun with almost no shade. But there were some
real nice cars there and it seem's to have re-kindled his interest in
finding a 70 Javelin. He seems to have found one but haven't told his
wife yet. LOL
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message --- Yes and no. Crappy weather and cars goes together like chicken fried steak
and gravy. Seems you plan a event for years and then come event day, there
is a 70% of a volcano erupting. The Nationals we had in Houston it hit 100
degrees damned near every day, you should have seen these poor yanquis
making like Richard Simmons and sweating to the oldies. Some said they lost
5-10 pounds at the meet due to sweat. The ground temp was above 140 on the
asphalt also.

This time, no hurricanes. The big super Nationals in Kenosha in 1998, a
strange cloud moved in from the west and then developed right over the
showfield, so it started to rain and busted up the meet about 3-4pm.

The Mopar Nats we sometimes have here at Houston Raceway Park, a few years
ago, it was wonderful and dry in houston, but 50 miles away in Baytown where
the track is all hell was breaking loose, over 6 inches of rain, all the
vendors and a majority of attendees left..if they COULD.

Doc's posts about weather let us know abuot shit weather that is keeping him
from working, and completing, his hornet. My bet would be it is that,
combined with the ribs! I can see any automotive forum getting off track
however, this is nothing new. I don't care for a number ot topics.

But I read them as someone took a moment out of their day, when they didn't
have to, to share it with others.

So weather and cars go hand in hand sometimes. As for the rest of the crappy
world, even the crappy world affects what we do with cars, like restrictive
legislation that varies from county to county. Sometimes it is racing. Not
everyone here cares about racing. Or vending. Or car shows. Or price of gas.
Some could care less about  what a part or car sells for on ebay. Or a road
trip. Or vacation. Or kids.
The list is endless.

Just like being at a national meet, you will find most of the talk is not
about cars. Some of my most memorable experiences have been shooting shit in
the parking lots with fellow AMC fans. Nothing in common except the cars
that unite us. That is why many of us spent thousands of dollars to come to
a forlorn place that will not have a trace of anything aMC once the
attendees siband and head their seperate way with nothing more than memories
and photos of what happened those few hours while they were together.

It is a comraderie that you WILL NOT find in other makes and marques. And
that is what makes AMC special. That is why we have forums, groups, chats,
and websites deidcated to this obsolete automaker.

My point is really simple. Not everyone knows how, nor wants to build a
engine. I am one of them. But I read the posts. Not everyone wants to know
about what a car sold for, or was a no sale, on ebay or in trader magazine.
But I read them. Not everyone wants to know about the weather. Not everyone
wants to know about a road trip. Not everyone wants to see a jpeg I sent,
car related or not. So while I hope that the posts are mainly auto related,
if it was ALL auto related, then we would lose that something special that
attracted us to join up in the first place. And that is to simply chat with
people who enjoy the same thing we do. AMC.

Sometimes it is best to just take deep breath, and reflect on what all we
have
here on Bart's site, or on the amc forum, or any other place AMC owners
decide to congregrate.

Yes, this gets really off topic sometimes, and I am one of those who
sometimes takes it off road to non AMC stuff! So if anyone is offended, my
apoligies. But in the end......we all get back on road....and get back to
auto related topics it seems. Yes, sometimes it takes  few posts! I just
spent 30 minutes typing this when I could have been outside raking, yes,
more leaves in the now, 70 degree weather. And giving my dogs a bath. And
boxing up more parts to ship out. And checking my ebay auctions, and
returning calls to customers, and taking orders and ordering other things I
want to stock. And adding more files to my ever growing website. I could
have
knocked out some emails of which amnow averaging 20-50 per day....
So lots of  shit to do around here in the 15-18 hours I call a day. Did I
mention I have
a 3 and 2 year old boys? Yup, have to read stories to them also, and pull
out green bondo from pampers. And I can name all four f%*&#@ Telletubies,
and tell you who won the fabulous showcase showdown on Bob Barker's Price is
Right. So lots to do. But thought I would take a few moments of my day to
reply..:~))

Ya'll have a good one, AMC related or not......
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx