Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Mirror 4 Doc

Yes I still want it. Fixing it up is no problem
with the glass out it makes it easy to disassembled for sand blasting
and painting.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Doc, Well I dug out the passenger side mirror from the parts box. It
came from a 76 Pacer X originally. I could not find the gasket that
goes with it, but I did find the original mirror glass that I picked
up off the ground when I got it. The replacement mirror that I
purchased for it will not fit, so I am not going to bother sending it
to you. Now this mirror is non-remote and should match the 'fat
rounded' type of AMC mirror, but it is not as large as the driver's
mirror. The old mirror glass that I will send along can either be re-
silvered or your glass man can use it as a pattern for a perfect fit
(provided the USPS doesn't bust it up). I will trace the glass on
paper in case of breakage so you can at least have a pattern. The
mirror looks like it was originaly glued into the housing on 4 posts.
The chrome is pitted, but you said that you were going to sand blast
it anyway. Other than that, it just needs a good cleaning and some
lube on the adjuster balls. I will cut a gasket for you out of this
black gasket material that I have on hand. You can decide if you want
to use it or not. As far as I know, this is the original AMC mirror
that came with the remote driver's mirror as a set.
Let me know if you still want it and I will box it up for you - I
believe I still have your address. -Lu-

--- End Message ---