Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spirit remote hatch release...transplant?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Spirit remote hatch release...transplant?

I too would like to know if it would work. One thing you might have to
add is a spring loaded door popper like they use on cars with shaved
door handles that are electrically operated. I installed one in the
yellow Hornet. It makes it easier to open the hatch even though it is
manually opened. I got my fingers caught and ripped may finger nails
quite a few times before adding it to my yellow car. It is on the list
to do for the orange car too.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
A little light just went on in my head (and
the door is shut, so that wasn't it), and I
figured I'd ask everyone-

All 79-83 Spirit liftbacks and Eagle SX/4s with
a rear spoiler (and many without the spoiler)
had a 'remote-release' latch for the hatch, with
the button located in the glove box.

This unit had to fit the same location used by
the same cars that had a regular key-lock
manual latch.

Add to this AMC's ability to re-use the same part
over several models lines, I now wonder...

Can the 79-83 remote-release unit be transplanted
to a 73-78 hatchback, or are the tow locations
vastly different...for no good reason?

My loaded '73 X may as well have one more option.
If no one has a definite answer, I'll provide one
soon after the car arrives and I can check for
myself. :)

John

--- End Message ---