RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Will this be better?

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Will this be better?

Mix,

I said 'supplying the power'. Nobody ever accused
the Iron Puke of having any power. And, yes, I feel
the use of the Puke in AMCs was a giant mistake and
even sacrilege by AMC themselves. Had I been there,
I'd have argued vehemently against the idea when
it came up. I'd have installed bicycle pedals and
a chain-drive before those boat anchors. If it were
possible, I'd recall them all today and put 258s in
them (or AMC's own 150 I4).

Heck, at car shows I walk away from Ford hot rods
when they have SBCs in them, too. To me, that's not
'customizing', it's hacking. All the major US car
makers made and make a great V8. I prefer a car be
powered by a motor from the same company that made
the car. I find it silly to use another make's motor
when the same maker has great motors themselves.
That's my preference.

That said, I was speaking of stuffing *V8s* into
AMC cars. There's no 'big deal', no 'funny'. The
question was asked. I answered. Feel free to give
your own opinion.

John