RE: [BaadAssGremlins] JB 343

What part of Northern Jersey ? I grew up in Morris county and go back every year.

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxx> wrote:

Now, you see, Doc, you're making sense...stop it. ;)

As you properly put it, what 'was' is now different.

Magazines today abuse the 'Muscle Car' term just as
JB does...which makes him think he's right. But
the ORIGINAL definition stands for one segment of
the performance cars craze of the 60s and 70s, not
all of them as many say today.

The Gremlin was the FIRST US-built Sub-Compact,
beating Pinto by a few months. Hornet was a
Compact. Today a Hornet-sized car is an
intermediate. What was intermediate is today
full size. (Are they really calling a Taurus full-
size? If so, the class is getting even smaller!)

As for Tuners, I don't mind them. I don't WANT one,
but I don't care who does. They're just a different
thing. I have no use for 1920s and 30s cars, but I
don't hate them.

My preferences are.....heck, here's an updated list
of my current fleet.

1973 Hornet X 360/Auto (show baby from Kansas)
1973 Javelin-AMX Pierre Cardin 360/Auto/Go (project)
1974 Javelin-AMX 401/Auto/Go (parting)
1977 Gremlin 258/3spd (parting)
1979 Spirit DL (was 258/4spd, now none, from VA)(for sale)
1979 Spirit-AMX 258/4spd (from VA)(sold, awaiting pick-up)
1981 Spirit DL 258/Auto/Rally suspension (from VA)(for sale)
1982 Eagle SX/4 258/Auto/4WD (for sale)
1986 Eagle Sport wagon 258/Auto/4WD (for sale)
(All in northern New Jersey)

Good gosh, folks...BUY SOMETHING!!! :)

John