RE: RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Hornets with 360s.

-----Original Message-----
From: badass73gremlin@xxxx

i look at the standard 360 Hornet verses a SC/360 Hornet kinda like the the
66-69 Rambler and the SC/Rambler when theyd dropped in a 390 and Hurst got
involved the American became a muscle car but thats my opinion i could be
wrong :P
Bart

....except the Rambler never got a 390 until
the SC came along. For Hornet, the SC/360 was
the SC/Rambler reborn in the insurance age,
and while the SC moniker died, the 360 stayed
in the Hornet long after. Remember that the
SC/360 was a 2-barreled, dummy-scooped, 3-speed
tranny car in basic form. You had to add the Go
pkg to get the 4-speed, functional scoop and
4-barrel. Thus, a 72 or 73 Hornet X 360-2v is
every bit an SC/360...it just got a different
stripe (and for '73, a way bigger 'trunk'!).

John