Re: Stange Happening Tuesday

Actually, not strange at all. Everyone seems to have "A Rambler Story" that
is, somewhere in thier past, they recall a Rambler or aMC built vehicle
they, or parents, ro someone they knew once owned. If I had just one dollar
for every person that has told me the past 21 years at swap meets, cruise
nights, car shows, some sort of 'Rambler Story' I would retire. Had another
just 3 nights ago at work, a fellow drinking Absolut & tonic told me about a
fellow serviceman in Germany in 1969 who bought a new 69 AMX and how fast it
was. His fellow serviceman lent him the car for a weekend while he was out
of town and this fellow proceeded to 'light it up' and thought the car
handled, and drove, really well and remembered all the nice comments from
Americans and Germans alike about it that weekend. Many of you know one of
AMC's big deals was they commonly put AMC dealerships just outside US bases
overseas, and gave nice military discounts. I have some original catalogs
for 1970 with the military special cards still in them, and the cuts were
deep to show appreciation for our service men and women. So everyone has a
"Rambler Story" and to me at least, it is fascinating to hear many people
who lived it, whether they bought the car new, raced on a team, got laid in
the back seat, whatever it was. There is a dealership listing on my website,
of which I have added more photos.

Hopefully with people who have 'a Rambler Story' this aspect of AMC, the
dealerships, small and large, will never be forgotten. Well, won't be while
I have my website up!
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/bodyAMC.htm
Enjoy........
Eddie Stakes'