Re: Was Gremlins In The Family/New Cars

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Justin Angelli" <turbogremlin74@xxxx> wrote:
> The guy that you bought it from, sounds alot like my dad and his cars,
> {2 corvairs, 1 stude, 1 alfa, 1 avanti, 1 amc, 1 wolsley, and a saab}
> but any way, my mom decided to quit her job and go back to school
> around the same time that i leave for school. So now my dad is forced
> to work twice as many hours than before and also my mom is making my
> dad sell his wolsley hornet and then one of the Corvairs so that she
> can have more money for herself. Now tell me is that fair?
>

> Justin
>

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > Spoused male or female should not force there will on one another in
> > relation to the car they drive or think they should drive.. I
> listened
> > to my wife once 34 years ago on a car purchase and have regreted it
> ever
> > since. 2 years later she told me I should have bought that car!!!!!
> > could have killed her. It never happpened again and we are happily
> > married for 35 & 1/2 years. Although I do have to say somthing about
> > wives and cars that happened in my favor. The reason I got my new
> Hornet
> > was that the previous owner of 4 years did nothing to it even
> though it
> > was a clean looking car that just needed major mechanical repairs.
> He
> > told me his wife didn't like rideing around in an old car. So he
> sold it
> > to me and bought a cheap bottom of the line Korean "RICER"!!!!!!!
> Say
> > AMEN & AMC!!!!!! Kiea/Smeigha. Now the Hornet has a good home with
> my
> > other one of 30 years. Since I came into this big sum of money a
> lot of
> > my wife's & my friends said are you going to buy a new car. I told
> them
> > I got a new car my orange 74 Hornet. I may replace the Malibu with a
> > Matador sedan in the future or a nice coupe if I find one at the
> right
> > price. Buy Ameircan and I mean AMC!!!!
> > "Doc"

Life is not fair sometimes. Most wives do not share the same passion for old cars as men do, and espically a small orphan company like AMC. Most guys would stand a better chance if they were talking Mustang, Camero, Chevelle or GTO, you know the big name high flash cars rather than Gremlin, Hornet or Concord. Now before anyone gets upset remember I said most not all. If what ever I do is within reason an makes me happy my wife has no problem with it. I don't spend beyond my means or buy just for the sake of haveing somthing. She knew I was pissed when I got screwed out of the orange Hornet almost 5 years ago and then out of a Gremlin, another Hornet coupe and a Matador sedan before finally getting the oeange car after waiting for 4 years for it. She also know's that there is not a snowballs chance in hell I will ever sell either Hornet. If the Sportabout wagon would have been a decent car I would have junked my Malibu and replaced it with the Sportabout. I have had a few offers to sell both them in the last 6 months. I finally had enough of one persistant person and told him he had a better chance of getting my wife of 35 years and my first born than the car. That put an end to that. Your father is the only one that can sell them cars if he lets your mother make him. All of my married friends say me and my wife have an unusual relationship and are envious. I told the wife she had 1,000$ to spend on a ring of her choice after I got my money from the court. She picked out one for 700$ and through a friend of hers since she was 7 years old got it for 400$. And is happy. It works for me. As far as the guys wife that I got the Hornet from i hope she is happy with her little ricer because I am really happy with my new Hornet.
"Doc"