Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Navaho Purse

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Navaho Purse

Yup, I know my purses! :~P)) A sample cut of Pierre Cardin material, enough
to do both buckets and rear bench on a 72-74 AMX or Jav will set you back
about $1000-$1400.
Not cheap, but high demand for those who are restoring their vehicles. There
are a number of material places listed in Hemming's Motor News under
'services offered' also.

I inquired abuot Gucci interior a few years ago from SMS Fabircs(?) and they
had some, enough to do several cars, which consisted of front split
bench/buckets, and rear bench.
$1200. I had paid only $300 for the car so I passed, as was not going to
restore it anyhows. I sure wished I one day will get to see the Gucci picnic
baskets that came with the Gucci Hornet Sportabouts, never have seen them
except in photos.

Here is a tip for those of you either on a budget, or wanting to do your own
interior work. I have bought denim, almost identical to Levi's at material
and hobby stores for pennies on the dollar (yup, Rambler Mentality strikes
again) and you can even buy the little 'Levi's' buttons. Armed with this,
change any seats and door panels instantly into Levi's on your Hornet,
Gremlin or Concord Series. If you can't do it, then drop off the stuff at a
upholstery shop and they will hook you up. There are several types of denim
material at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and other places, some is thin, some is
thicker, I prefer the thicker type although AMC used the thin type
originally.
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston aMX
www.planethoustonamx.com