Re: Gremlin Navaho Purse

Well damn Eddie, you must really know your purses! That fabric is a
different pattern than the 'basketry weave' pattern that was stock on
my 75 Pacer, and I paid $90 per yard for NOS material to have my
seats restored! The seller of the alleged ugly a$$ purse had an
opening bid of $50 and that was not meeting the reserve! I will
gladly loan you my revolver with the serial number removed, Doc...I
ain't bidding, I'm waiting for the PC material sleeping bag to come
out. -Lu-
P.S.
Cute pun: Nava'ho' instead of Navajo.....

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> That is a damned outright ugly purse. I am not sure what year
this "Navaho" pattern appeared in US built Gremlins.

> However, in 1974 VAM built Gremlins already HAD this material as
shown on this VAM Gremlin off my website:
> 1974 AMC Mexican VAM Gremlin: *RARE COLOR photo of a red/red
Gremlin built by Vehiculos Automores Mexicanos. Some of the neat
difference between the Mexican and US built AMCs wer subtle, some
were real obvious! This 74 Gremlin sports a Hurst shifter, 1975
type 'Navaho' seats used for Pacer, and checkout the 74 Hornet front
clip and VAM unique chrome centercaps. To the bottom of the right
reads "Gremlin X 6 Cilindros"
> So yes, the fabric is geniune (and it chaps my ass too that some
clown used some impossible hard to find material for a damned purse;
this is 30-31 year old material and could have made THE DIFFERENCE in
someone's restoration) but again, I am just not sure if this
particular Navaho material was used in 74 on the Gremlins. I know it
was used in 75 on Pacer however.

> Aw hell, someone go bid on it now that someone has wasted a rare
piece of material. Kind of like those clowns who drill out Johnnny
Lightning AMCs to make keychains. What are they thinking, those
keychains will fall apart easily and someone just wasted a car
someone need for their collection. Oh well. Let me have another Pabst
and go take a SawzAll to my SC/360 roof now!
> After that, me and my homies be makin some Rebel Machine rim bling
blings to wear around the neck.