Re: Gremlin Navaho Purse

That is a damned outright ugly purse. "In 1975, the AMC Gremlin could be
purchases for $2,798.00" Yup, $2798.00 base, and with V8 $2952.00. The
material appears to be from 76, but don't quote me on that. I am not sure
what year this "Navaho" pattern appeared in US built Gremlins.

However, in 1974 VAM built Gremlins already HAD this material as shown on
this VAM Gremlin off my website:
1974 AMC Mexican VAM Gremlin: *RARE COLOR photo of a red/red Gremlin built
by Vehiculos Automores Mexicanos. Some of the neat difference between the
Mexican and US built AMCs wer subtle, some were real obvious! This 74
Gremlin sports a Hurst shifter, 1975 type 'Navaho' seats used for Pacer, and
checkout the 74 Hornet front clip and VAM unique chrome centercaps. To the
bottom of the right reads "Gremlin X 6 Cilindros"
Most of the Mexican built AMCs sported the highly desirable 282cid six
cylinder, not available in the US or Canada. In Houston here you can buy
parts for your 282 at Auto Zones. Be sure to click on my "links" where I
have more Mexican built VAM photos is a special VAM section!

So yes, the fabric is geniune (and it chaps my ass too that some clown used
some impossible hard to find material for a damned purse; this is 30-31 year
old material and could have made THE DIFFERENCE in someone's restoration)
but again, I am just not sure if this particular Navaho material was used in
74 on the Gremlins. I know it was used in 75 on Pacer however.

Aw hell, someone go bid on it now that someone has wasted a rare piece of
material. Kind of like those clowns who drill out Johnnny Lightning AMCs to
make keychains. What are they thinking, those keychains will fall apart
easily and someone just wasted a car someone need for their collection. Oh
well. Let me have another Pabst and go take a SawzAll to my SC/360 roof now!
After that, me and my homies be makin some Rebel Machine rim bling blings to
wear around the neck.
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com