From: <AMC74HORNET@xxxx>
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 6:33 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Last Night's Cruise And Today's Work

Picked up the wife after work and took her to the cruise. I
tweaked the adjustments on the new rebuilt carb and the car runs great.
The Alternator didn't die although the light on the dash comes on and
stays on when the engine is shut off, so I just disconnect the battery
when I park it. As usual I had the only AMC. There was some nice street
rods there that I haven't seen before along with the usual Chevy's and a
few Pford's.
I ordered the Delco Alt and bracket kit from Kennedy,
unfortunately he is out of stock on them. He said he should have some in
in a few weeks. Bummer!!!! On the good news side of this alt. problem I
spoke to the parts man that I bought the Motorola from and he said when
the Delco is installed bring the Motorola back to him and he will give
me my 60$ back. I am going with a 100 amp Delco. I am just tired of this
alt. crap.
Today the car gets a new valve cover gasket and a new one way
vacuum valve and hose on the brake booster. The car has the wrong valve
on it and is pinching the vacuum hose and putting pressure on the
plastic fitting on the valve itself. Looks like this was another rube
job done by the previous owner. I am also going to change the 2 vacuum
lines on the heater controls someone was asking about the other day
along with an oil change.
Maybe next week I can get the new fuel tank sender installed and
the gas gauge will work. The Alt. and gas gauge problems really annoy
the daylight's out of me.Then the last big job. A new radiator, water
pump and timing chain along with the Delco Alt. Then I can make a few
slight mod's like an Accell Super Coil, a remote battery disconnect and
an auxiliary trans cooler. Have a good day all I got to get dressed and
out the door in 1 hour.
"Doc"