Re: New To Site

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rozs86" <rozs86@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everybody, I'm new to the site. My husband bought me a 1974
> Gremlin last year and finally this winter we are restoring it. Not to
> original condition but a little snottier. I had a 1986 Monte Carlo SS
> but we sold it at the Syracuse Nationals this year. Anybody could
> have an SS but not a Gremlin. So when people ask why are you sellin'
> it, I tell them I have a Gremlin to do. I can't believe they laugh at
> me. They laugh now but not when it's done. I live in Tunkhannock
> Pennsylvania and I haven't seen a Gremlin yet. Monte Carlos yes,
> Gremlins no. So if anyone has any pointers on restoring these
> BEAUTIFUL cars give me a yell. rozs86@xxxx

Welcome to the the group Roz. I can see Bart our beloved leader and staunch AMC supporter doing hand stands to see a Chevy person change to an AMC. You have picked the right car as a lot of parts interchange between Gremlin's, Hornet's, Concord's and Spirit's. I always said it takes a real man (or woman in your case) to build an AMC as anyone can build a Chevy out of a catalog if your pockets are deep enough. I guess I am the official Hornet man here as I have 2 1974 Hatchbacks one of which I bought new. Both cars have Gremlin, Concord and Spirit parts in them. If you got any questions just ask, someone here will have an answer for you or point you in the right direction to answer it. You will find that this is more of a friendly family type group which is not usually what you find in most of the larger groups. There is no bickering or that "My Cars Better Than Your Car" crap here. Have a good day and post a pic. of the Gremlin for all to see.
"Doc"