Re: [BaadAssGremlins] eBay Gremlin in AL

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] eBay Gremlin in AL

NO NO NO don't bid on it. BRING CASH when you go look at it.
 Case in point: There was a 73 Gremlin on Ebay in bridgeport CT which is about 1hr from me. The guy had a starting bid of 300.00 with a buy it now of 600.00. Car was fairly rust free, had a 74 grille, had a ford drive trane 302 4spd 9" rear. He was selling it minus drivetrane. I called and asked to see it. Set up a time and went to look at it. Turnd out the rear was a ford 8" not a 9 so the guy didn't want it. He was gonna take the motor n tranny though. I explained to him it was gonna be a tough sell as not manny Gremlin fans out there. Esp locally. So I told him I would give him 100.00 bucks and help him take the motor n tranny out. He said I didn't have to help and took the 100 I had in my hand!
 I reciently sold that car with a 3 spd tranny, a 304, a 904 auto, a new hurst shifter. Delivering it this weekend to a fello in NY state by the dragstrip. I made a nice proffit and can almost pay off my Summit bill.  Another example:
 ad for a 74 AMX 360 auto, no motor or tranny 500.00 OBO.  I went to see it, rusted quarters, no seats,  interior all appart, but the rest was rust free and the dash pad was near NOS.the guy asked me what I thought. I said I was interested but not anywhere near what he was asking. He said so how much? I said I donno, like 25-50 bucks( I really wasn't interested) He said OK! I had to scramble to  fugure out how to get it home and what to do with it. The guy signed over the tittle that very moment. I didn't even have any money he said your gonna give me 25 bucks no biggie. I had it sold the same week for 750.00 and the guy is gonna restore it. Came all the way from Minn. to get it.
 SO you never know what kinda deal you can get till you go. My buddies call me the Wheeln n dealn king LOL But hey this is the only way I can support my Race car.
 Good luck.
 Davis

Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
Lu

If it was that close to me, I would bid on it. Go for it.........

Rick