Strange Tran's Question

I had notices the tran's in the orange car slipping slightly going from 1'st to second a few days ago and concidering it to be the milage and the lack of maintance done by the previous ownwer in the 4 years he had it. Yesterday it was slipping going into every gear. I checked the fluids and it was down 1 1/2 quarts. It dosen't leak anywhere. Where did it go? I checked it 2 months ago when I changed the oil and only have made 300 miles. The old Borge Warners had a modulator which made the trans shift and when the diaphram went bad the motor sucked the tranny fluid out of it and burned it and sent the burnt remenants out the tail pipe. The 904 hasent that, so where did the oil go? Oh it shifts fine now without any slipage after I added the oil.
"Doc"