Shifter Installation Completed & Heat Shield Info Wanted

Shifter Installation Completed & Heat Shield Info Wanted

I picked up the yellow car this afternoon and it shfts just fine and I am pleased with the installation. I road tested it before paying at the installers insistance, like I really wasen't going to? He charged me 225$ for the job, which was just fine with me. I saw the time and craftsmanship he put into the job. I hear Davis and a few others haveing problems with their shifter cables melting. Anybody got a cure as in some form of insulation for either the cable or the exhaust pipe to keep the heat away from the cable? Even though this car is still 6 cyl powered for the time being I will still be driving it regularly and don't want to have a cable problem.
"Doc"