Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good looking Concord

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx>
Date: 2004/07/30 Fri AM 10:42:33 EDT
To: <baadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "John W Rosa" <JohnRosa@xxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Good looking Concord

Dammit Eddie i'm trying to get John off the lil shitbox AMCs and him to get back into his Javelin AMX's your compromising my plans ARRGGHHH!!lol i dig that Concord tho but it needs the Concord AMX front clip
Bart

If you have ever seen this car in person, you have to admire the fellow's
customizing. I have crawled all over this booger at a few National Meets,
due to the fact that I customize my cars and am always looking for ideas and
tips. The owners of this particular Concord have a complete ground effects
kit, Thrush side mufflers, rear window louvers and a grafted Ram Air power
blister (bet many of you didn't know that was AMC's real name for their Ram
Air hood, a "power blister" which reminds me of something I caught years ago
from ex wife)
but this Concord shows really well and one has to stop and think "what if?"
AMC had built a 78-79 Concord AMX in this configuration. Would it have sold
better? Would they have used a 360V8? Would they have possibly used a
standard transmission, which was not available with a V8 a year earlier with
last year Hornet AMX? Would AMC have used those goofy Targa Bands over the
roof? For those of you who have ever owned a 77-78 AMX (or 79 Concord
hatchback which came with them) if you have ever removed the headliner, and
or, Targa Band, it is one of the sorriest hack jobs I have ever seen, second
only to the pliers and hacksaw job used to mount a 69-70 MOD Javelin roof
spoiler. But the fellows who would install the Targa band commonly missed
holes in the brace. So you have a number of 'extra' holes up there. One I
took off had over a dozen misplaced holes drilled in the roof, and those
were filled with putty to keep rain out. And they kept rain out until I
parted that car out in 1996.....The MOD Javelin however if you ever remove
the roof spoiler, you will have to remove the interior sail panels. And AMC
cut the sheetmetal behind there to mount the spoiler. It is the sorriest
hack job I have ever seen with metal peeled back, and half cuts, and plier
marks! And this is on every MOD Javelin I have had come thru my stable in
many years. I guess AMC didn't figured people like us were going to be
fixing up these cars this far down the road...
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Note volume of email is
extremely heavy, expect
5-12 day responses

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C47619.89FCE9D0 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="Grad_Concord.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Location: http://www.amonational.com/Grad_Concord.jpg [Attachment content not displayed.] ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C47619.89FCE9D0--