Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Glove Box goodies

Nice find Davis. My new Hornet came with the original owners manual. In
1985 I found a copy of the bill of sale from the dealer for my new 1965
Rambler American in a file from a place that I had worked for for 12
years previously and never knew it was there. I had been fired and 6
months later was offered my job back but refused but did agree to do
side work for them and found it then. My father took over the car when I
went into the Navy in late 65 until I got out in 69 and gave me the car
back. He worked for this company till 1973 when I took over his job when
he retired. I thought the copy was a rare find for me along with a
small piece of chrome off the car that had fallen behind the shop desk
in 1966. I also have the original owners manual with the warranty card.
I was able to pick up a nice 65 American 440 Hdtp promo the same color
as my car was. In cleaning out my mothers house I also found papers with
the Americans original 65 license plate no#. I am having a model
building friend make me a set of original license plates for it. I Also
picked up an original sales brochure a few years ago for the 65 American
line for 5$ at the Ct. show. It's alway's nice to find and have such
nice treasures.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I have owned my 72 gremlin for over a year and a half and just
yesterday I opened the glove box and found a bunch of papers. I went
thru them today and I found the owners manuel, Window sticker! and
original bill of sale!
Originally purchased on 3-7-72 from Cain & Treas Motor sales, An AMC
dealer in Murray, KY. The buyer traded in a 71 Dodge 2dr HT Demon
towards it.
I can't believe I found all this original paper work.
Davis :o)>

--- End Message ---