Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Glove Box goodies

You said it Doc, the original paperwork is somthin ya just can't buy. It has all the real info about the car. My car was fairly unmolested in it's 32year life. It was converted to a v-8 at some point professionally(originally a 258). It still had the A/C parts and the factory tinted windowsand the manual 3 spd tranny. It was ordered with the X package and that was all there as well. When I got the car it was missing the engine but everything else was there.
 The guy I got it from said he bought it from a junk yard that had taken the 304 out and were installing it in a jeep. He said the car was slated for the crusher but made a deal to buy it and saved it from a certain demise. My guess is he got it cheap and threw it on ebay and made a good proffit. I am just tingly knowing I saved another AMC.
 Now that I think of it I am going to try to contact the original owner I have records up to 1993 mabe I can find him?

 Davis
AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
Nice find Davis. My new Hornet came with the original owners manual. In
1985 I found a copy of the bill of sale from the dealer for my new 1965
Rambler American in a file from a place that I had worked for for 12
years previously and never knew it was there. I had been fired and 6
months later was offered my job back but refused but did agree to do
side work for them and found it then. My father took over the car when I
went into the Navy in late 65 until I got out in 69 and gave me the car
back. He worked for this company till 1973 when I took over his job when
he retired. I thought the copy was a rare find for me along with a
small piece of chrome off the car that had fallen behind the shop desk
in 1966. I also have the original owners manual with the warranty card.
I was able to pick up a nice 65 American 440 Hdtp promo the same color
as my car was. In cleaning out my mothers house I also found papers with
the Americans original 65 license plate no#. I am having a model
building friend make me a set of original license plates for it. I Also
picked up an original sales brochure a few years ago for the 65 American
line for 5$ at the Ct. show. It's alway's nice to find and have such
nice treasures.
"Doc"

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used