Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic Repairs & Roll Bars

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic Repairs & Roll Bars

Doc,
 Way ahead of ya. I backed up all the cracks with plastic, except one that I used a piece of metal flashing. I spent another 2 hours working on it last night. Sanded it with 220 then spot putty, then sanded it with 400. Then I cleaned it with MEK and a Qtip. made sure it was all clean n dried. I started to spray it with bondo brand brown primer and it started tp wrinkle! so today if I can get some time I will resand it with 400 and try spraying it with a different kind of primer. I know the wrinkles indicate dirty parts but I used MEK which I use to clean all my parts with before paint. Never had paint wrinkle before. Maby it is a chem reaction with the old paint?
 I am going to make some calls this comming week to see what I can do about my roll bar. I may very well get the one from S&W. If I do I may go pick it up. I am going to Maryland in about 2 weeks to pick um a 70 390 service engine, and a spare 401 for the new Amc Team project. Bill is in Canada picking up the next Amc Team car this week.
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
That Plastic Welding System is great stuff, I use it on
everything plastic. The only plastic it won't work on is the flexible
kind. A word of advice, back all cracks up with a thin piece of plastic
or plexiglass glued in with the Plastic Welding System to prevent the
cracks from opening again. Take my word on this is as it is from
personal experience.
That 8 point cage from S&W was the basis of the modified cage
in my yellow Hornet. It is well worth the money.
"Doc"

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used