Re: Parts Availibility

I agree. I have never had a problem getting mechanical parts for my
AMCs. Of course having a "Jeep" Motor in it doesn't hurt. And
the fact that AMC used some parts from different suppliers (Just like
the big 3) helps. I remember pulling a headlight switch out of an 85
Dodge Omni. It was almost identical to the one in the 84 Eagle I had
at the time. My Concord has the Dome light with the map lights. It
needs to be replaced, but a lot of mid 80s Fords have exactly the
same thing in it. I will have no trouble finding one.
Since my Concord uses most of the same body parts and trim as an
Eagle. I have less trouble finding what I need. I put an Eagle tail
light lens in it last year. The Concord is probably the easiest AMC
to maintain right now. At least if your on a budget. But don't
get me wrong. I would trade it for a Nice Hornet Hatchback in a
heartbeat. But I would rather have both... or 3 or 4. Or more. I'm
Addicted I think.

Jeff

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
<AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:

> You'd be surprised the amount of parts that are still available For
Gremlin's, Hornet's, Concord's, and Spirits. I have always gotten the
parts I needed except for one time. When I put the 79 Concord rear in
my yellow 74 Hornet. I could not get the 79 Concord rubber brake hose
and had to use a 74 which was still available. I just had to bend the
mounting bracket on the chassis to use it. It was no big deal.