Re: Classic Car Sales

The best place to pick up cars is at poilce auctions and storage lots, many
times for $10-$1000 each. You have to be careful however as sometimes you
get stuck with stuff that don't move, as Doc said my 71 Matador 2door with
14,000 miles here is a case of that, had it for sale for six years, lots of
ads, exposure, and it is a rare body style used only three years, few made,
7776 production, very few ever seen at meets, again, not like they are
flying off the shelves. There is a car lot in I believe IN that has a number
of aMCs for sale, and some of them like a low mile Hornet have been for sale
for years. Thanks God for "run it till it sells ads" out there or you would
easily piss away a lot of money trying to sell it. You can make money on
some of these cars, but you better be careful. There is some advise on the
Shut Up & Drive Lists about buying a car thinking you will reap profits, or
perceived market value or popularity. Even places that have been doing this
for a long times since the 50s will tell you that they take a beating
sometimes and have to wholesale it. Duffy's is a example, they simply
wholesale it or trade it up/down to another classic car lot if it don't move
in a year for instance. Again, you have to know what is hot and what is not.
Many folksd automatically assume any old car is worth a lot of money, and it
is a myth. Many old cars are not worth the metal they are printed on and are
tough sells even when finished....so be careful....
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com