Re: Classic Car Sales

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Some people buy a vehicle, put a little labor and money into it, then turn
> around and sell it for a good profit. Car jockies do it all the time and make
> good money at it. Others buy a car in order to own the one they had always
> dreamed of. They (or should I say we) put a lot of labor, money and passion into
> the car and then before it's realized, the passion turns into an addiction and
> the money doesn't matter any more.
>
> Unfortunately, many end up sacrificing their vehicle for one reason or
> another and usually take a beating on the price simply because they need the money
> for another priority or interest. It's a dog eat dog world out there and we all
> do whatever it takes to survive.
>
> Rod, I'm sure we all breathed a sigh of relief when the guy did not buy the
> Gremlin and I hope it wasn't something bad. I don't want to know the feeling of
> having to sell mine, but I guess if things were bad enough, I would make the
> sacrificed for my wife too. Good luck.
>
> Until I saw what Davis wrote, I had never realized there could be a name for
> the way I feel about my Gremlin.............
>
> I am a gremaholic.
>
> Rick

Car Jockey's do it with late model used cars, classic's and modify'd classic's are a different story. I have a freind that makes a few bucks fixing up cheap 8-10 year used cars and selling them. He's the guy I bought my Malibu from 7-8 years ago, but I bought it and fixed it up myself. The trick is to pick a model that can be repaired cheaply and is popular so it sells fast so you can get your money back fast. Sometimes if his latest repair job dosent sell right away he drives it for a while till it does. With AMC's sometimes it takes forever to sell your car. Look at how long it has taken Eddie to sell the 71 Matador 2 door.
"Doc"