Sold My Gremlin

I had two people interested in this car after it came off ebay, and one sent
me a deposit on it already, the car will stay in Texas, actually McKinney,
TX, north of Dallas, the buyer will tow dolly it up there when it is paid in
full.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2477722585&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:US:3
I took $2000 for this monster, and dropped the price due to it being a
father who wants to get his son interested in old cars, specifically AMC.
Good to see some people bringing up their kids right! Oh, I get to keep my
Cragars too, but will toss in a brand new set of tires.

But not the first time I have sold a car to a father/son, that is neat as
the kids are the future of this small hobby. I would rather drop price on a
AMC and gamble the car might get beat up, than see a kid buy a ricer.
Luckily many of the 'kids' and by that I mean under 21, have taken a real
liking to the cars and there is nothing like pride of ownership to keep them
working on it, improving it, detailing it, and most of all, keeping them
interested in the project.

I've often griped about all the kids that end up in gangs, drop out of
school, and get in trouble. If we just took a tiny fraction of the vehicles
in our disposable society that end up in junkyards and crushed, and donated
them to say, schools, or young people to keep them interested and 'off the
streets' where they could easily be influenced and get in trouble. But so
many old cars are simply shitcanned and I have always thought that if just a
smidgen of these were donated to high schools, ot even individual kids, they
not only learn a trade, but will take pride in what they are doing and stay
out of trouble......

So that is another AMC sold, recent ones I have unloaded are 79 Concord DL
$300; 68 AMX 390 $950; 74 Matador coupe $580; 71 Matador/sale is pending for
$2650, so I can have my driveway back. Still have for sale also 74 Hornet
Sportabout $500; 69 SC/Rambler wagon $3800; 74 Bricklin AMC360 Car #216
$2500; 82 Eagle SW $1200 although I might pull that one from sale since I am
working again, hell, might pull the Brick and Rambler from sale also. The 72
Ambassador SST SW is currently getting a brand new 727 in it, shuold be
ready this week, have a good trannie man in Houston who rebuilds my trannies
and does all the work like pulling them out, for $500. Any of you interested
let me know, will pass on his number, also any of you want bumpers triple
plate show chrome, I have a deal worked out with a local rechroming place,
$225 a bumper, otherwise if you walk in they are $350, but I tell you, they
do awesome work and many of the bumpers can be seen on my showcars and
others in this area for many years, they simply do the best work out of the
5 rechroming places here.

See ya'll,
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com