Re: 73 Sportabout Wagon

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:

> I have decided to sell my 74 hornet. It needs a starter, I have one, a radiator, I have one, fenders rockers and quarter repair. 54K original miles and it has the Bee on the hood. Really clean 2 door coup. I gotta thin the herd and use the cash to help pay off my summit bill
> Davis
> amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
> I was supposed to go look at the Sportabout wagon yesterday but the weather was bad and I couldn't breath to well. I went this morning to say good by to my friend who is closeing his shop tomorrow and went next door to the used car lot to see the wagon. It wasen't there. I was told it was a rust bucket and they didn't pick it up. The owner gave me the address of the place and after visiting my mother in the nurseing home and going to lunch with my friend I went buy for a look. It turn's out it was the same car 3 doors down from a local AMC collector that my freind that I went to lunch took me to see 5 years ago. It was a rust bucket/project then and not even a good parts car now. I stopped past the auto parts store and bought 2 new belts for the 77 Malibu to get me through till next spring.
> "Doc"

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Davis if it was a wagon i'd buy it, but coupe's are not my thing and I already have 2 Hatchbacks. Did Joe Wilcox ever sell that bronze Hornet Sportabout wagon? or that 77 Hornet AMX? That V8 Sportabout was a clean car but the price was waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to high for me. Also it was a power nothing car.
A/C I could possibly do without but not power brake and power steering.
"Doc"