Re: Pacers

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@xxxx> wrote:
> Yep, Pacer parts are few and far between. I wanted one so badly when
> I was 16...it was my 'dream car'. I wanted it maroon with the basket
> weave seats. Found one and my Dad said NO WAY! I kinda miss the one I
> had, but swore I would never do a stock anything again...too
> hard...and my hat is off to whoever does one stock the right way.
> Pacer seems to have become the bastard child of the AMC world, but
> there is a following...ask Jeni...her site is doing very well
> (amcpacer.com). Wayne's World brought some new blood back to the
> Pacer but that didn't last too long. I still believe that car was
> ahead of its time design wise. There were alot of good ideas for
> passenger comfort and safety designed in it. I will probably get
> another one some day, but hopefully I will have the funds to buy the
> one I want, already restored or a good part of it done. Save that one
> for another birthday? -Lu-
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> > My oldest son has no interest in old cars or AMC's period. And to
> tell
> > you the truth I can't remember the last time I saw a Pacer anything
> > around here. I'd hate to have to find them one of parts that them
> cars
> > had. I bet Lu could tell us about that. You hardly hear them
> mentioned
> > on any of the AMC lists. My son would be better off with a
> Sportabout
> > wagon.
> > "Doc"

If the Pacer was built as designed with the Rotary engine even if it ws a failure it would be a very desirable collector car not only by AMC peope but by anyone wanting somthing out of the ordinary. I have only seen one diecast Pacer, I can't remember if it ws a Johnny Lightening or a Hot Wheels. I have it somewhere. It is Maroon too Lu. I bought it from Frank Swygart the publisher of American Independant Magazine a few years ago.
"Doc"