Re: [BaadAssGremlins] On Gremlin roadster frames...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] On Gremlin roadster frames...

 I don't see why it should be so hard...just get the
underside braced like a Sundancer, and it should be
stiff enough. I looked under one at Cecil once, and
took some pictures...all they did was run a simple 2x2
inch square steel tube down the underside and welded
it in maybe 4 places pn each side, 2 in front, 2 in
back, with a couple of 1/8th inch flat steel plate to
"attach" the rear and front sub-frames together.
Looked a little crude, but it seems to serve the
purpose.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the attached picture, I
guess my Yahoo mail options were turned off for that.
maybe I can go directly to the BAG Group area, and see
it. Personally, I'd like to do one myself, but leave
the rear quarter and partial roof on, as a "spoiler",
so you'd still have an open roof, but it'd still look
like a Gremlin. Not sure what that would do to the
stiffness of the car...Brian in Baltimore once cut a
parts Gremlin up just like that, then cut the whole
roof and quarter off, I liked it better with the
partial roof on. Just doesn't look "right" as a
Gremlin with the entire roof and sail panels cut off.

Jerry