Was Strange AMC'/ Now Obsessed

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Yup, no SC/Rambler convertibles ever made, last year of AMC production
> convertibles was 1968 and only Rebel made and only 823 produced. Hope
> someone saved that big ass post I did the other day with production on
> convertibles as chances are someone one day will need it, maybe someone here
> can archive it.
>
> Doc, here are some of my 'phantoms' many of you know I customize some of my
> cars to stuff AMC never built, but I like custom over stock, and estimate
> less than 5%-7% of all remaining AMC vehicles are indeed "stock" having had
> something changed thru the years on them from everyday things like spark
> plug wires and battery to tires. Every now and then yo find something
> "stock" like a 71 Matador two door I stumbled upon in Clyde, Texas with only
> 1334 original miles, still had original oil and tires on/in it, they wanted
> $10K for it, but sold it for $5500 and it was on the showfield in Kenosha in
> 98....still wearing it's beautiful Matador Red with white top paint, black
> and white interior and well, 1334 original miles, almost 1335 as the new
> owners had been pushing it on and off a trailer from meet to meet. Some call
> cars like this trailer queens, I call them museum cars.
>
> Since we are talking strange, Bob Wilson has a number of oddities inclduing
> my own Continental Airlines Gremlin I had a few years ago on his site. Sure
> would like to have that little car back, but I tried selling that 45,000
> original owner, original mile car for months for $1500 and Steven
> Speilberg's DrewmWorks SKG called me and wanted to buy it, and it was used
> in the movie The Haunting with Liam Neeson, Lili Taylor and Catherine
> Zeta-Jones; the car is the one Liam and Lili drive in the movie, and no, it
> was not damaged by the gate towarsds the end of the movie, that was special
> effect and the little car was sold for $100 in England where most of the
> movie was filmed and is still around, but it is shown here with it's
> original 'airline colors' right after I bought it. A lot of nice oddities
> here on Arcticboy's site it is recommended for everyone to learn something,
> even me:
> http://www.arcticboy.com/Pages/arcticboysstrange.html
>
> And Doc my three phantom cars are below:
> Rebel convertible "Machine"
> SC/Rambler "Wagon"
> "Trans Am" SC/360 Hornet
> Real cars AMC never made but I did, and all are enjoyed every time I turn
> the key.
> Eddie Stakes

I never owned a stock AMC in my life. All of them had some kind of mod's. Normal maintaince in a cars life means using aftermarket parts at one time or the other in a cars life. My cars are drivers and I drive them every chance I get. I remember a guy in one of the Hot Rod type magazines 10-15 years ago that did a resto on a 62 Vette and it was a 98 or 99 point car at a national Vette meet. No small feat. He was not happy. He said he was looking for original 62 Vette tires & wheels with 1962 air in them to make the car a 100 point car. Now that is stepping over the line into the insanity zone. Some of the purists may not like your Phantoms Eddie but I do and know a tastefully done car when I see one.
"Doc"