Re: strange AMCs

Yup, no SC/Rambler convertibles ever made, last year of AMC production
convertibles was 1968 and only Rebel made and only 823 produced. Hope
someone saved that big ass post I did the other day with production on
convertibles as chances are someone one day will need it, maybe someone here
can archive it.

Doc, here are some of my 'phantoms' many of you know I customize some of my
cars to stuff AMC never built, but I like custom over stock, and estimate
less than 5%-7% of all remaining AMC vehicles are indeed "stock" having had
something changed thru the years on them from everyday things like spark
plug wires and battery to tires. Every now and then yo find something
"stock" like a 71 Matador two door I stumbled upon in Clyde, Texas with only
1334 original miles, still had original oil and tires on/in it, they wanted
$10K for it, but sold it for $5500 and it was on the showfield in Kenosha in
98....still wearing it's beautiful Matador Red with white top paint, black
and white interior and well, 1334 original miles, almost 1335 as the new
owners had been pushing it on and off a trailer from meet to meet. Some call
cars like this trailer queens, I call them museum cars.

Since we are talking strange, Bob Wilson has a number of oddities inclduing
my own Continental Airlines Gremlin I had a few years ago on his site. Sure
would like to have that little car back, but I tried selling that 45,000
original owner, original mile car for months for $1500 and Steven
Speilberg's DrewmWorks SKG called me and wanted to buy it, and it was used
in the movie The Haunting with Liam Neeson, Lili Taylor and Catherine
Zeta-Jones; the car is the one Liam and Lili drive in the movie, and no, it
was not damaged by the gate towarsds the end of the movie, that was special
effect and the little car was sold for $100 in England where most of the
movie was filmed and is still around, but it is shown here with it's
original 'airline colors' right after I bought it. A lot of nice oddities
here on Arcticboy's site it is recommended for everyone to learn something,
even me:
http://www.arcticboy.com/Pages/arcticboysstrange.html

And Doc my three phantom cars are below:
Rebel convertible "Machine"
SC/Rambler "Wagon"
"Trans Am" SC/360 Hornet
Real cars AMC never made but I did, and all are enjoyed every time I turn
the key.
Eddie Stakes