Progress This Week

I dropped the orange Hornet at the front end shop monday and just got it back yesterday afternoon. I had every front end part replaced includeing the shocks. The only parts left from the original car is the front springs which were like new. I also had all new brake parts installed. The steering wheel is now straight, the car stops without any noise and there are no more clunks and rattles in the front end and it tracks nice and straight. You don't want to know what the parts and labor was for this job. But now the car is safe to drive and I can drive it anywhere without worring. Do to poor brakes and a bad front end I only drove it locally and very carefully. It also just turned 1000 miles since I bought it last October yesterday afternoon. I am picking up the parts I need today for the disc brake conversion on the yellow car. I will have that done next week. The rear brakes on the orange car are as ok and have a few miles left in them before they need to be changed but I have all the parts comeing to completley rebuild them too for the following week. It appears that all this work on both cars even with my discount on parts will cost me 3,000-3,500$ includeing labor. It may seem like a lot of money and it is but labor here in N.Y. is quite high. The shop that is doing the work is a little on the high side on labor but they do excllent work and are 6 blocks from where I live, they pick me drive me home and or deliver the cars. You get what you pay for. I never skimp on brakes, front ends or tires. Have a good day all I am going to spend the day doing errands with the orange car and just enjoying driveing it.
"Doc"